Sheltering tree Stampin Up ♥ Stamp it on Fabric Fabric + Coin Purse+ Box

April 23, 2015

 Project 3 of 5 with Sheltering Tree Stamp Set

Hello!   I'm excited to share with you this post today! Look I have stamped on Fabric with Sheltering Tree Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! to make coin purses.

I LOVE purses, stamping and  sewing.  The  pinkie coin purse  with the tree stamped  was specially designed for my upline Michelle Last. I  added to Michelle's coin purse a silver slide letter "M" on the handle as a wee personalised touch for her.  Michelle just called me and I know she got her package so now I'm allowed to share this post  with you. I hope you like it !

                                                                                                     Click to watch related video tutorial /  Click here to see similar post 
src="http://www.bibicameron.co.uk/image.jpg" alt="shelteringtree"></a>

Sheltering Tree Stamp Set from Stampin Up was perfect for this wee project ... 
I also have made  a  box to package them. It is a slide box  and I made I video to show you how I made them.









MAKING THE COIN PURSES AND STAMPING ON THE FABRIC

I found various free patterns and tutorials  online  to make coin purses and I gave them a try and the one I used to make these little purses is the one I like the most in terms of size, shape and  it also fits perfectly on to 8.5  sew-on metal frames. On top of everything the little coin purses are  adorable, aren't they? 


You can use any smooth, absorbent fabric material to make  this purses and before stamping all you need to do is ironing the  fabric to get it flat and ready to stamp on and then I cut out the pattern.  Please click here to see instructions and download the pattern or click here to see video to learn to draw your own pattern.


Once I cut  the fabric  I started stamping  the bike chassis with Archival slow dry permanent ink and the hearts (from retired Stamp set Best Day Ever) with Pacific point, coastal cabana, pool party inks.

I applied straight away Clear Stampin Emboss Powder before the ink dried to protect the images and I sewed the pieces together.

The last step was attaching the sew-on metal frame which is in my opinion a very easy process.
------------------------------------------------------------






To stamp the tree trunk on the second coin purse I also used Archival slow dry permanent ink and to stamp the leaves I used Strawberry Slush and Blushing bride inks.

I applied straight away Clear Stampin Emboss Powder before the ink dried to protect the images and then I sewed all the pieces together.

With a brush I applied clear ink on the images and I applied a second coat of Iridescent Ice Stampin Emboss Powder on both coin purses just to add a little bit of sparkle.  

Please find the  list of materials available in my shop  at the bottom of this post. (Both black out and water based ink cannot be washed - dry clean only). To see how to get permanent results please see my next sewing projects.


Watch  related video  




Check out the list of materials I have used to make this project and click on the images below to buy 24/7!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Dear Bibi, don't worry about your charming Spanish accent! I am from the Netherlands and I understand every thing you teach in the video's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you. Thanks for the encoragmet !!! I really struggle to find the right words and then struggle to think in a microsecond how that word is pronounced in English -lol. Language barrier is a challenging thing and ai'm still learning. I can't really communicate as I'll would like to but I do my best . X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Bibi... Stunning....no wonder Michelle is very happy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations 🎊 Bibine what an interesting and great project of yours.. How nice to seeing people full of ingenious ideas like you.. Your English is good.. wishing you all the best to you and your new projects ahead..That's Great all the best DaviD 🎸 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI David, so sweet of you... my English is ok up to the point I have to say other thing because I don't know how to say what I was thinking -lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. What a lovely project. I have some of those purse frames, I'll need to give it a try one of these days. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs