PAINTED PETALS STAMPIN UP ♥ STAMPING ON FABRIC

February 21, 2015

Hi, I enjoy sewing as much as stamping and I was looking for the opportunity to combine these 2 hobbies in a craft project.  When I saw Painted petals Stamp set  from Stampin' Up!  I found the perfect excuse to do it!  I got the inspiration to stamp on fabric and create the cosmetic case in the pictures below/ Please Click to watch Stamping on Fabric video!!!



Painted Petals is a set of 13 individual clear- photopolymer stamps that allows you to assemble your flower bouquets design  in the way you prefer,  you can make large or small compositions.  Have a look to a small tag I have made for a box using this set by clicking here!

Painted Petals  is amazingly flexible and once you play a little bit with it you will find  how  easy you can work with it and make beautiful  crafts in record time.

 

 To stamp the fabric of these cosmetic cases  I followed the ideas of my Stampin Up Catalog 2014 -2015 and the results were very rewarding... I really enjoy this project.  Please check the list of materials I use to make it at the bottom  of this post
                                                          

To make these cosmetic cases I have  hand stamped 100% pure white cotton fabric.

I have added clear PVC on top of the stamped fabric to protect it from dirtiness and damp,  I also  have used a fuchsia - silver metallic zip to embellish and it is completely lined with  a coordinating hot pink waterproof polyester. 

I  used Stampin'  Up! inks in the fallowing colours:
-Pool Party
-Strawberry slush
-Blushing Bride
-Wild Wasabi
-Blackberry bliss
-Crushed curry
-Stazon pad -black permanent ink

 Watch my video to see how I do it!

Tips to stamp on fabric

I started experimenting stamping and embossing on different materials a few years ago and today I'm quite confident about saying that once 100% cotton fabric is stamped with alcohol based inks the printed images will last and won't vanish even after washing. However, I would recommend using this technique mostly with accessories or items that don't need to be washed often, allow the ink to dry at least for 48 hours, hand washing with cold water to guarantee durability.


Stampin' Up! inks are water based. They will add vibrant and unique colours to your artworks but they can't be washed as the ink will dissolve. I wanted to use my Stampin' Up! inks to make the cosmetic case in the picture so that I added to that project a coat of clear PVC to protect the fabric.                                                                                                                                             
You can also ensure durability by adding  a coat of clear embossing powder when the ink is still fresh and then heat it up with an embossing heat gun ( embossing powder is fine ground of plastic bits  and it will melt though the fabric).  I'll be demonstrating this in a next tutorial and ASAP.  I did this with other project and 2 years ago and the stamped images are still vibrant even after washing, but this is only the result of my experiments. Please share with me any other findings. 

                               
  
Check out the list of materials I have used to make this project and click on the images below to buy 24/7!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I was playing with stamps and fabric the other day, can you tell me please where you got the pattern for the cosmetics bag, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for asking. To make the cosmetic case in the picture I have used my own pattern and to make the video tutorial I used a pattern from one of my favorites sewing bloggers (it is almost the same but the bag is a little bit smaller) . This is the link to see complete tutorial and to get her free pattern: http://www.kreativlaborberlin.de/jetzt-wird-genaeht-300-kostenlose-schnittmuster-fuer-dich/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE SUPER AMAZING!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Thanks for all the tips, instructions, videos....can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure dear Carol, do not forget to add a cot of pvc to protect the artwork. Water base inks will bleed if they get in contact with water. X Bibi

      Delete
  4. SOOOO impressive!! I don't sew, but LOVE these! That would make fabulous craft fair items, too. Any chance you're taking orders? I would love these are team gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I would love to make them for you please Pm me bibicameron@gmail.com. X

      Delete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness. You are amazing!!! I've only just "discovered" you (from the global design project blog) and I'm SO IMPRESSED! Thankyou SO MUCH for sharing your ideasbhere on your blog. I don't subscribe to many blogs (I hate heaps off email traffic!) but I'm subscribing to yours!!! Thankyou again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Petra, thank you so much for your kind comments ... They mean a lot to me. X hugs from the Scottish Highlands. X

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs